My favorite leadership quote is “You can love people without leading them but you cannot lead people without loving them.” I share this quote often with leaders because at the heart of how we treat our people, how we see our people & how we communicate with our people is how we feel about our people. Below are some thoughts on love and leadership from one of my favorite authors Bob Goff. I hope these quotes make you stop & think.
- The more beauty we find in someone else’s journey, the less we’ll want to compare it to our own.
- When loving people is a strategy, it isn’t love anymore.
- Give away love like you’re made of it.
- It won’t be our message that wows people, it will be our love.
- Love cares more about who’s hurting than who’s watching.
- The best advice I’ve been given when I’d failed – was a hug.
- Love difficult people.
- We make loving people a lot more complicated than Jesus did.
- Extravagant love is never wasted.