No matter your company, or the role which you play in it, you are in the business of people. Because of that, leadership is a driving force behind growing your business. You become a solid leader through influence, but you become a successful leader by using influence to engage and inspire others. Here are my top ten ways to become a more influential leader.
- Understand that Leadership is not about you – it is about the people that you lead
- Become the most passionate person that you know – it will be contagious!
- People do business with people they know, like, trust and VALUE – Be the one to add value
- Constantly work to develop yourself. Leaders are readers – Earners are Learners
- When it comes to your communication – change your goal from perfection to connection with your audience
- Have integrity – Do what you said you would do, when you said you would do it, the way you said you would do it. Even the small things count!
- Invest in your people everyday – those investments will pay dividends in your relationships
- Focus on being interested, not interesting. Be present, ask questions, and listen. Let them walk away feeling that you truly care.
- Lead individually. Know your people well enough that you can treat them the way THEY want to be treated
- Be so good they can’t ignore you.
Thank you Ty for taking the time to present at the City of Nogales. I really enjoyed your presentation, you were ‘awesome’. Your advice and knowledge will positively impact us all, especially our clients/citizens.
I am currently working on my Masters degree and you came in at a perfect time while learning about management/administration and humanities.
Once again, receive a heartfelt ‘thank you!”.
Thank you very much for your note! I had a great time with your group today. Good luck with your degree.
All the best.