The Power of Storytelling
Objective: Selling or leading through storytelling
In this program, Ty teaches the art of storytelling as a key communication and sales strategy. He provides attendees with the mindset, skill set and toolset to sell effectively through storytelling.
People love stories. More importantly, stories engage emotion which prompts people to respond, take action or buy your products.
We are all in the people business. We are all communicators. We are all involved in selling products, services, ideas. Storytelling is the most influential form of communication because we’re all emotional creatures.
We’ve heard the saying: “people buy based on emotion.” The truth is people take action based on emotion. The underlying principle behind storytelling is that it’s not about you; it’s about the other person. Showing them how your story impacts them and how it pertains to their life creates an influential impact in the sales decision.
Ty’s Key Messages:
• Humanize your message: make a human connection instead of trying to sell your product
• Create the balance between credibility and relatability: buy into the idea that business is about relationships
• Engage the emotional, creative side of the brain: people buy from you because they know and trust you; let them in so they like and trust you
• Begin a conversation…not about you, about them: ask specifically you-focused questions
• Tell the story: everybody struggles with the same challenges…hook them with a struggle and you help them with a solution.
• The science of storytelling
• The 5 places to use stories
• The blueprint for a great story
• How to make stories compelling, dynamic and memorable
You will come away with:
- An understanding of the focus, goal, and purpose of influential communication
- The ability to bring your audience into your stories
- The blueprint to an influential story and the application as to where to use stories in your business
“His content on storytelling was a wonderful nugget as he helped us to understand the keys to influential storytelling and develop stories that our clients can emotionally connect with.”
“I got great feedback on you from the client! Thanks for doing such an outstanding job! I truly believe that you were their favorite speaker of all time!”
Executive Speakers Bureau
“We would absolutely recommend Ty for any event! He was phenomenal!”